Who We Are
Michael E Houle
Deciding to become semi-retired has offered me many opportunities to increase my knowledge in philosophy and psychology and to become more involved with the community. Becoming involved with some discussion groups and doing some volunteering has greatly increased my circle of friends. The first half of our lives is spent developing an egoistic self, and Carl Jung proposed that the second half be devoted to transcending it. Becoming a senior citizen can have many advantages!
New England Conservatory of Music
Performed numerous times in Symphony Hall, Carnegie Hall and numerous others and with the Boston Symphony as a student and became a member upon graduation.
Studies in philosophy and psychology
School of Practical Philosophy
Numerous courses in philosophy primarily but not limited to Ancient Greece
NA School of Philosophy
Studies from Ancient Egyptian, Chinese, Buddhist and Greek and Roman Philosophy
Active duty for three years as trombonist with the West Point Military Academy Symphonic Band
Houle Enterprises, Inc
Vice President and general manager in retail sales and service.
Owner. Custom reproduction of antique furniture of the 16th and 17th century. Recipient of Early American Life Magazine's reward in juried competition as one of the top ten cabinet makers in the US for three consecutive years.
Cape Yacht Sales
Yacht Broker and brokerage manager. International recognition receiving the "Top Gun Award" from Beneteau Yachts, Paris, France for three consecutive years for the top sales of Custom Yachts over 46 feet in North America. The awards were presented at Beneteau's International Headquarters in Paris, France personally by the CEO.
Latitude Web Designs
Owner. Web design and development for the small business owner and also nonprofit organizations. The nonprofit sites are largely pro bono.
Additional Skills and Achievements
- Selected as one of the members of an ensemble to perform the World Premier of some of Gunther Schuller's compositions in Carnegie Hall
- President of the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Parker National Wildlife Refuge. During my term I greatly increased the membership, initiated several youth programs on the refuge, initiated and participated in a monthly "coffee house" at the visitor center where we brought in guest lecturers in ecology, environment, marine biology and the history of Plum Island and Wildlife Refuge that were open to the public. Donations were appreciated and we sold coffee and pastries.
- Experienced sailor with over 50 years of extensive cruising experience as well as over a decade of living aboard a sailboat
- Experienced in facilitating discussion groups and individual mentoring
- Confident in Microsoft Office packages and Adobe